Finding a suitable job
The basic fundamentals of finding suitable employment is for the person to vast self knowledge, skills and experience and be aware of his/her strengths and how to better the situation. It is important to make a realistic assessment of yourself and realize where one's education and personal skills can thrive. Important questions
The following questions are important to ask for the job search
- What do I want?
- What is my future vision in regards to employment?
- What do I most value at work?
- What is my interest?
- What are my skills?
- What skill areas could I improve?
- In what kind of work environment would I want to work in?
- What job would suit me?
What methods do I use when job searching?
View job adveritsements and think about the following:
- What do I know about the firm/company – what do I want to know?
- Job descriptions
- Job requirements
- Information on job vacancies
World Wide Web
- Businesses recruit staff through their websites
- Look up information about companies/businesses
policies, strategies and human resource policies.
- Let your professional and personal network know that you´re in job search
- Tips about jobs from a contact
- Get in contact with companies
- Get information on the status of the labour market
Use the opportunity to network and introduce yourself